Tucked away in the north-west corner of Shropshire and on the Welsh border, our four rural parishes worship and work together. You will find us in our communities and our churches:
There will be a Summer Concert, featuring the The Rhos Male Voice Choir on Saturday 23rd July at 7pm in St. Agatha’s Church, Llanymynech. For more details of the concert and where to purchase tickets, click here.
The Community Cafe in Trefonen is open every Tuesday morning more…
The Benefice, part of the Diocese of Litchfield, works together in several ways:
- On the 5th Sunday of a month there is only one service, for all to come together to worship. It is hosted by each parish in turn.
- The churchwardens meet regularly, with the Rector, to discuss and agree as appropriate common approaches, the sharing of resources and calendar details.
- Before the pandemic the four parochial church councils met together twice each year.
- The identity of the Benefice is promoted through its Facebook page and the Sunday pew sheet.
- The Benefice and parish treasurers work on items of shared expenditure.
There are shared events, often linked to the season, such as the summer evening’s prayer and praise. These will be virtual experiences this year, through a Zoom link. They will include one of our lay worship leaders leading us in a reflection on a Bible passage and prayer, as well as conversation – while we each drink the coffee or eat the lunch we have brought! The Zoom links will be posted nearer the day.
Rev Kathy Trimby
Shropshire SY10 9RA
Contact number: 01691 590025/ 07944504330
Office Number: 01691 676383
Contact Number: 01691 679646
Facebook page name: Border group of Parishes
Benefice Lay Readers
Contact Number: 01691 652170
Contact Number: 01691 671363
Listed below is our latest Pew Sheet for download
Listed below are our recent Daily Reflections for download
The latest copy (July and August 2022) of the Morton Parish Magazine is available by clicking here.
The latest copy (July and August 2022) of the Trefonen and Llanyblodwel Parish Magazine is available by clicking here.
The Benefice website is linked to other local sites
Other useful links appear on the individual parish pages.