Tucked away in the north-west corner of Shropshire and on the Welsh border, our four rural parishes worship and work together. You will find us in our communities and our churches:
Please, see our “Whats on now?” page for up to the minute information.
- St Michael the Archangel in Llanyblodwel for more information click here
- St Agatha’s in Llanymynech for more information click here
- St Philip and St James’ in Morton for more information click here
- All Saints’ in Trefonen for more information click here
The Benefice, part of the Diocese of Lichfield, works together in several ways:
- On the 5th Sunday of a month there is only one service, for all to come together to worship. It is hosted by each parish in turn.
- The churchwardens meet regularly, with the Rector, to discuss and agree as appropriate common approaches, the sharing of resources and calendar details.
- Before the pandemic the four parochial church councils met together twice each year.
- The identity of the Benefice is promoted through its Facebook page and the Sunday pew sheet.
- The Benefice and parish treasurers work on items of shared expenditure.
There are shared events, often linked to the season, such as the summer evening’s prayer and praise. These will be virtual experiences this year, through a Zoom link. They will include one of our lay worship leaders leading us in a reflection on a Bible passage and prayer, as well as conversation – while we each drink the coffee or eat the lunch we have brought! The Zoom links will be posted nearer the day.
Rev Kathy Trimby
Shropshire SY10 9RA
Contact number: 01691 590025/ 07944504330
Office Number: 01691 676383
Contact Number: 01691 679646
Facebook page name: Border group of Parishes
Benefice Lay Readers
Contact Number: 01691 652170
Contact Number: 01691 671363
Listed below is our latest Pew Sheet for download
Listed below are our recent Daily Refections for download
The latest copy of the Parish Magazine is available by clicking here.
The Benefice website is linked to other local sites
Other useful links appear on the individual parish pages.