St Michael the Archangel, Llanyblodwel
St. Michael’s Church, Llanyblodwel, stands on a holy site which many believe goes back some 1700 years. Today’s church building was erected after the arrival of the Normans and records at the Diocese of St. Asaph noted its existence in 1160. The Church survived the turbulent centuries of border warfare between the Welsh and English.
The building was extended during the medieval period. The last major works were carried out in the 19th century under the guidance of Rev’d. Parker, when he added a new tower which housed 8 bells in the spire. He proved to be a capable, versatile and multi-talented custodian of the Church and proceeded to design and execute the internal decoration producing both carving and hand painting to a very accomplished standard. In his decoration he used sentences of scripture.
We look forward to welcoming you to our church. St. Michael’s is in an idyllic rural setting in the village of Llanyblodwel and is open daily for visitors to admire the unique interior and enjoy a peaceful place for spiritual enlightenment and contemplation. We welcome enquiries for weddings, baptisms, funerals and any other matters that may be of concern.
We hold varied themed services throughout the Christian calendar. Our services are led by Rev’d. Kathy and her team of lay readers and worship leaders.
In 2014 experienced and qualified conservators successfully undertook extensive works to clean, conserve and restore the interior decoration.
|1st Sunday of the month||11am Holy Communion service|
|2nd Sunday||11am Morning prayer service|
|3rd Sunday||9am Communion service from the book of common prayer|
|4th Sunday||11am Morning prayer service|
|5th Sunday of the month||The four Churches of the Border Benefice join together for one service alternating the Churches|
There is a car park to the side of the Church; disabled parking is in front of the lychgate; extra parking is available for larger groups when required.
We are in the final stages of funding a project of updating our toilet facilities to provide full wheelchair access from the inside the Church.
The Church has 8 cantilever bells, a Church Organ and an Electric Piano/Organ.
Café Blodwell is our Community café which is held within the Church building, serving morning coffee and delicious homemade cake. A social hub to catch-up with friends and make new ones. Open on the 1st Wednesday of the month at 10am until 12 noon.
We welcome volunteers to help with forthcoming events, let us together make our church and community grow.
|The Rev’d. Kathy Trimby||01691 590025 / 07944 email@example.com|
|Roger Taylor||01691 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Abigail Tudor||01691 email@example.com|
Click here. to download the November 2023 Parish Magazine.